Saturday, September 20, 2008

Been a While...

My friends and readers, I am back.  It's been some time since I last spoke to you, and of course, much has happened.  I'm sure by now you all know about hurricane Ike.  I worked quite a bit of overtime during the storm, so I'm not complaining, but I'd like to talk about this last week if I might.

Melissa and Katelyn have been gone since Thursday.  It's the longest I've ever been away from Melissa and the first time I've ever been away from Katelyn.  I miss them both so much.  I just found out they're coming home tomorrow, so at least it will be better soon.  It's been weird being all alone for so long - it'll end up being 11 days total.  That's a long time.  I've been surviving, so don't freak out (thanks very much).  Many friends and family members have been watching out for me, and for the hospitality, I thank you.

We got power back here on Sunday afternoon, so we haven't really been hurting over here.  I did have to throw away everything in my refrigerator; that wasn't fun.  It's a pretty depressing sight.  A lot of people in my Academy class still don't have power.

So yeah, I went and saw Traitor.  It's a pretty good movie.  It's a little strange because it's coming from the viewpoint of Islamic terrorists, and they're not usually portrayed as the "good guys."  NOTE: I'm not putting personal feelings about this, because I don't want to start a discussion.  I'm just saying it was strange to see it from that viewpoint.  Pretty good movie overall.  I'm excited to watch "Righteous Kill" when I get a chance.  It's a Robert DeNiro/ Al Pacino movie about some cops.  Can't go wrong there, huh? :)

Well, only have 9 weeks left in the academy - very excited about that.  Means we've got a total of 44 working days left.  I know, you're thinking, "isn't 9 weeks of 5 days equal 45?"  Yes, it does, but we have Veteran's Day off.

OK, going to bed now.  I had thought about making a nice long post, but I'm just too tired.  Later,

$

2 comments:

Lynne said...

It's been even weirder for us, Dane...we count on you guys so much...

Melissa has missed you a lot. *trust me.*

We'll be home much later today...I'm bringing your girls home safe and sound.

James said...

Veternan's Day off?! Lucky fella.